- Published: 18 September 2009
The four inaugural signatories to the MRA for RMP are:
- American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA, USA);
- China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS, People's Republic of China);
- International Accreditation Japan (IAJapan, Japan);
- National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA, Australia).
The downstream effect is that the use of reference materials supported by an endorsed test report by laboratories for establishing traceability, test method validation and for instrument calibration purposes will provide enhanced confidence in their results. A significant underlying principle behind this initiative is to reduce technical barriers to trade as mandated by WTO.
NATA would like to take this opportunity to thank the NATA RMP Accreditation Advisory Committee (AAC) members for their constant support to the program; the accredited facility for their cooperation during the March 2007 APLAC evaluation; and our competent assessor who came under scrutiny during the evaluation.