- Created: 29 September 2008
- Published: 29 September 2008
The RANZCR/NATA accreditation program is seeking to increase its pool of volunteer assessors to participate in on-site peer review assessments of medical imaging practices. Assessors include radiologists and other medical imaging specialists, radiographers, technologists and sonographers.
Assessors must satisfy the following criteria prior to being accepted:
- relevant recognised professional qualification (including, if applicable, membership/registration with relevant professional body/ies);
- 5 years practice experience post qualification;
- recent experience in the relevant modality/ies and procedure/s;
- evidence of participation in continuing professional development eg. attendance at meetings, conferences, publication of papers, etc;
- willingness to participate in at least 1 assessment per year;
- requirement to participate in a NATA Assessor Development Program (ADP).
Assessors gain CPD credits for participating in both the Assessor Development Program (ADP) and on-site assessments. ADPs are scheduled in each of the capital cities and major regional centres.
By participating as assessors, individuals are able to gain knowledge about the accreditation process and share their expertise whilst also learning from what they review on-site.