Quality Management in the Medical Laboratory
- Course Code:
For upcoming session details, please contact NATA training services via email email@example.com
Non-Members: $2035.00 (including 10% tax)
Members: $1815.00 (including 10% tax)
Length: 3 days
This course is designed to provide participants with a strong understanding of the elements
required for good practice in a medical testing laboratory. Using ISO 15189 as the standard,
participants will be able to implement a management system based on these elements in order to:
- Achieve effective control over the laboratory.
- Meet the needs of customers.
- Meet accreditation requirements.
- Continuously improve the laboratory's operation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Laboratory management and all levels of staff involved in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the laboratory's management system from medical testing fields such as Anatomical Pathology, Assisted Reproduction Procedures, Chemical Pathology, Cytogenetics, Genetic Testing, Haematology, Immunohaematology, Immunology, Medical Practice Pathology, and Microbiology.
The medical testing field also covers testing of samples of human origin for other purposes such as those associated with blood transfusion services and clinical trials.
- Documentation and quality manuals.
- Internal audits and system reviews including corrective and preventive action.
- Management of equipment and the testing environment including examination procedures and handling test items.
- People management.
- Customer management.
- Sample management.
- Concepts of calibration and traceability.
- Basics of uncertainty of measurement and quality control.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 15189.
- Prepare and maintain quality documentation.
- Develop or improve a management system.
- Communicate the elements of a good management system to management and staff in your own facility.
- An understanding of technical management concepts including test methods, method selection, verification of methods, validation of methods, uncertainty of measurement, calibration and traceability.
- Enhance customer service through the use of quality improvement techniques and processes.
If you have any questions please contact:
NATA Training Services Group
Phone: + 61 2 9736 8222