NATA can assist you with the following types of queries regarding the MRA or our MRA partners.
- Enquiries relating to MRA Partners and Test, Calibration and Inspection Reports Issued by their Accredited Facilities
- Scope of Accreditation Queries
- Queries on Test, Calibration and Inspection Reports Issued by MRA Partner Accredited Facilities
- Complaints about Test, Calibration and Inspection Reports Issued by their Accredited Facilities
What NATA Can Do
- NATA can seek clarification from our MRA partners about the accreditation status of a particular laboratory;
- NATA can ask an MRA partner to investigate concerns about test, calibration and/or inspection reports purported to have been issued by accredited facilities in their country;
- NATA can ask an MRA partner to investigate relevant matters related to any claims or concerns about accredited facilities in their country.
What NATA Cannot Do
- NATA cannot advise on the testing, calibration or inspection you require.
What You need to Provide in Order for us to be Able to Assist You
We can only make enquiries of MRA partners if and when we have clear and objective information about the matter which is causing difficulty or concern.
We are in the process of testing an editable pdf questionnaire but until that is available, please:
- describe the situation with which you require assistance, providing as much detail as you can; and
- attach any relevant information or documentation.
For example, if your enquiry relates to testing associated with a product, please provide as much information as possible on the problem, such as "non-compliance to specification", "resulting product recalls" etc. This would include details on relevant specification and standards where this may be relevant.
We will provide a response to your enquiry as soon as possible.
Please however note that we will be required to liaise with our colleagues in other accreditation bodies and this can occasionally take some time.
What You can do as a User of the MRA System
- It is important that you define and specify exactly what you need in the way of testing/calibration/inspection in regard to your needs, before accepting reports from any source.
- Obtain a copy of the scope of accreditation of the facility that has provided the test/calibration/inspection report in question.
- If the scope is not in English, ask for an English version or have it professionally translated before making any decisions about accepting the report.
- If you are not satisfied, seek clarification from the organisation that has provided the report(s).
- Does the scope cover the testing/calibration/inspection required by your specifications?
- Does the test/calibration/inspection report(s) actually relate to your product or needs?